Join Our Team
At WHA, we actively work towards making our culture a place where employees—regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual preference, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, familial status or age—feel supported and motivated to bring the best version of themselves through our doors every day.
Here you’ll find all of our available career opportunities. We look for people who believe in our mission, align with our core values, and are passionate about creating pathways for our residents on their journey to self-sufficiency.
Current open positions:
DATE POSTED: May 9, 2022
CLOSING DATE: May 25, 2022
SALARY: $52,417 -$66,693
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This position is in the Higher Level Clerical series and is responsible for overseeing daily housing operations. Responsibilities include interpreting and explaining regulations, policies, and procedures; managing the tenant reviews and evaluations; developing and monitoring work orders; and assisting with difficult tenant relations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative only)
• Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, ensuring staff are trained, ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures, maintaining a healthy and safe working environment, and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
• Reviews tenant accounts and rental adjustments requests and applications, verifies information provided, and recalculates payments; determines follow-up actions such as repayment agreements, account delinquency action, or requests for further information.
• Prepares reports on occupancy issues for senior staff; ensures documents and files are in order according to established guidelines and procedures.
• Assists employees with difficult tenant issues; troubleshoots and resolves problems as needed.
• Develops and monitors work orders; tracks turnaround time and satisfaction of tenants with work completed.
• Interprets and explains applicable regulations, policies, and procedures to staff, citizens, and residents; determines need for staff meetings to address common issues or changes in regulations.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES AND SKILLS:
• Supervisory principles;
• Housing and HUD rules and regulations;
• Customer service principles in assisting residents and staff;
• Computers and related software applications;
• English language, grammar, and punctuation;
• Report writing techniques.
• Supervise and evaluate employees;
• Maintain various confidential records;
• Prioritize and assign work;
• Apply and explain housing and HUD rules and regulations;
• Use a computer and related software applications;
• Prepare and proofread a variety of reports and/or documentation;
• Recognize problems, identify alternative solutions, and make appropriate recommendations;
• Prepare and maintain confidential and department records;
• Communicate using interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Business Management or related field, and three (3) years of administrative office management experience, one (1) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree Business Administration, Office Technologies (Administrative Assistant) or related field and five (5) years of administrative office management experience, one (1) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as described in (A) and (B) above.
Interested persons should complete an online civil service application
PLEASE NOTE: This is a competitive title in the classified civil service; therefore, appointment will be on a temporary provisional basis only. To be eligible for permanent status, the individual accepting appointment will be required to pass a civil service exam and score among the top three